“Yes! I’m finally finished!” said Jessie. “I’m not even close.” Jordan says. Jessie and Jordan are best friends, they do everything together, since they were five. “Do you want to come home with me after school? We can work on them.” Asked Jessie. “Alright,” Jordan answers.
The last 15 minutes of school are always so exciting; everyone is watching the clock with anticipation.
When the bell finally rang, almost every student put all their supplies away, and quickly went out the door. Jessie walked over to Jordan’s desk and waited for her to put her pencil and paper in her book bag.
As the two girls were walking home they met with their good friend Rider. “Hey buddy!” Said Jordan excitedly. “Hey.” Replied Rider. The three teenagers walked silently for two blocks. “So did you get your essay finished?” asked Jessie. “Sure did,” replied Rider. “What was your topic on?” Jordan asked. “Motorcycles.” Rider said. “Oh well that’s interesting…” Jessie said. “Yeah, well I’ll see you two later.” Rider says as he is walking up his drive way. “Bye Rider!” The two girls yelled after him. “Oh my gosh! Rider is SOOO cute!” whispered Jordan. “What?! Since when?” “Really Jessie? I’ve always like him.” “Well you guys should totally date!” “Yeah right! I don’t think he even likes me like that…” “I’ll ask him!” “No it’ll make things weird!” “Fine, but you two would be super cute, just saying…” Jordan rolled her eyes.
Jessie throws her book bag down on her bedroom floor, walks over to her CD player and turns it on. “Okay, let’s get to work.” Moans Jessie. Jordan pulls out her folder that her barley started essay was in. “Hmmm…” Jordan mumbles as she flips through the pages. “What is it Jordan?” “I could have sworn it was in this folder somewhere…” “Maybe you put it in your binder.” “I’ve already checked.” Replied Jordan. “Huh…?” Jordan looks over at Jessie, thinking she is talking to her. Jessie was digging through the mountains of papers just over flowing from her backpack. Jessie was never the tidiest person in the world. “Jordan will you come help me? I can’t seem to find mine either…” The two girls search for the missing paper for what seems to be hours. “I guess we’ll have to start over.” Jordan says. “But I was already finished!”
Finally the two girls finish their new essays. “Gosh, time flies when you’re having fun!” Says Jordan sarcastically while putting her paper in her folder, this time paying attention to the exact place she puts it. Jessie just rolls her eyes and replied, “Oh man was I having a blast!” They both giggle for a few seconds. “Well, I better get going…we don’t want my mom freaking out again, do we?” Jordan asks with a goofy look on her face. “Not really. That is differently not the highlight of my day.” Do you want me to walk you home?” Nah, it’s alright. Bye!”
“Gosh, it’s freezing!” Yells Rider from across the aisle. “Can this bus go any faster?” Jessie asks. Rider and Jordan laugh.
“Did everyone finish their assignment?” Asks Mrs. Tanner. “Yeah, except once I got home, I couldn’t find it. I had to write a whole new one.” Jessie says. “That’s weird, I couldn’t fine mine either!” yells Rider. “Hey me either!” The majority of the class yells. “Hmm… I’m sure you guys must’ve misplaced them.” Mrs. Tanner tries to reassure her students. “Okay, Pass them forward.” Mrs. Tanner orders her students. She collects everyone’s papers and says, “Is this some kind of joke?” “What are you talking about, Mrs. Tanner?” Asks little Sally from the back. “Everyone handed me blank papers!” “All the sudden the papers went flying out of her hand and start attacking everyone, Mrs. Tanner mainly. “AHHH! What’s going on?!” Yells the students. “Everyone out the door, come on, HURRY!” Screams Mrs. Tanner over all the screams and cries coming from her students.
“What was that all about?” Jordan asks Mrs. Tanner as she was cleaning up her now bloody and cut up face. “I’m not sure, but I will find out who did this.” Once the busses got there everyone just took off toward them. “I’ll see you later.” Jordan tells Jessie. “Okay.” Jessie replies.
“Mom, mom, MOM!” Jordan yells right as she opens the front door. “What is it Jordan?!” Her mom yells as she comes running down the stairs. “You would not believe what happened today! It was so scary!” Jordan tells her mom completely out of breath. “Oh, you almost gave me a heart attack! Wait, what happened to your face? Gosh what happened to your arms?! Jordan what is going on?!” Jordan’s mother starts examining her draughts body for any more cuts and scratches and scrapes that she should know about. “Well, we were sitting in class, and everyone handed their papers up to Mrs. Tanner, and for some odd reason the papers were blank...” Jordan tells her mom the whole story. “Really?! What kind of a sick joke is that?!” Complains her mom. “I’m not sure, but I’m kind of scared to go to school tomorrow.” “You are NOT going!”
That night Jordan was laying in her bed, and she heard rustling, getting louder and louder. She jumps up and runs as fast as she can down the hall to her mother’s room. She keeps running until she was practically on top of her mom in her bed. “What is with you Jordan?” Moans her mom. “The papers are attacking again!” Jordan’s mom jumped up and grabbed her daughter. “What do we do mom?!” “Run outside!” Jordan down the stairs grabs ahold of the door knob, but her mom was not behind her. She looks up the stairs and sees her mom running down them and hurries and opens the door. Her mom had set fire to her house.
No comments:
Post a Comment