Crackle… crackle…crackle… When I woke up, my dad was asleep, his head on my chest. As I lay there, waiting for him to awake, I start to think about why my dad didn’t kill me, he had the perfect opportunity. Maybe I would be better off up in heaven, its not like I am doing any good down here anyway. Or maybe, just maybe, I’m still here for a reason, a purpose. I am kinda glad my dad decided that he wouldn’t smother me with t a pillow, like Mr. Detreux. We still need to make some more memories, especially if they involve Ally. My dad still has my quilted blue and white checkered pillow in his hands. Suddenly, I feel my dad’s eyes blink a few times, trying to get them used to the bright room. I heard him yawn, then he sat up and looked at me. My dad took a deep breath, “I guess you want to know why I haven’t killed you yet.” He looks at me, as if he is expecting an answer. “I have decided that I am not sure if you are suffering as much anymore. You even laugh during your seizure’s…Shawn, I love you, we have quite a few memories together, and I have a good career going for me. If you are suffering and in pain, then that may sound selfish, but I can’t stop thinking about how terrible that would make me feel. People hate Mr. Detreux because he killed his little boy, I don’t want to be hated Shawn, I just don’t know what to do. I have nobody to talk to about this.” My dad stared at me, thinking long and hard, and “so I am going to let you live, at least for now, to see how you do.”
The sound of the door opening made my dad jump. “Vonda?” I heard my mom shout. Paul comes walking into my bedroom, “What are you doing here?” Paul says eagerly. “I was just leaving.” My dad replies. “You better be!” Paul says as he is pointing to door. Dad turns and looks at me again, “I truly love you son.” It’s at those moments when I really wish I could say that I love him too.
No comments:
Post a Comment